Saturday, August 17, 2013

Desiderata

             A Poem By Max Ehrmann


If you compare yourself with others,

you may become vain or bitter,
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your own career, however humble;
it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

- Max Ehrmann (written in 1927) 



I'm the person who has an interest with inspirational sayings and quotes. It may be by anyone as long as it arouses me.

As long as it hits me and makes me come to realisation...  

And frankly, this poem is one of them. My father introduced the to me when I was still young, around the age of 9. However my understanding before that it was just a poem, nothing more. 

Now, its probably one of the most appealing poems I've ever read...

No comments:

Post a Comment