Monday, August 19, 2013

Entering A Different World

When you read books, you not only acquire knowledge. It also takes you to a whole different world. 

And after reading it, it will make you realise how normal your life is compared to the characters. It's a sad fact, honestly. 

That also applies to a writer. 





Not most people know but Im very fond of writing stories. 

Mostly ones that are related to my idols and fantasise over them, thinking what will happen if I meet them. It's like writing down your supposed-to-be-life but you very well know its not going to happen.

I've heard people tell me, or I've read from websites saying, "the qualities of the character comes from the author himself/herself"

Of course it does. The personality of the character came from your own mind. It just goes to show that whatever you write about him/her, is who you are, not literally but somehow a piece of you. 

The characters life is basically how you, the author, want your life as. For me the reason why you want to write about them is that, it can't happen to you in real life sooner so you want to create a fictional character of yourself to live that life for you.

It is entering a different world because it obviously isn't how your life is so you want to fantasise over a world you want to live in that doesnt exist.

Goes same for the books youre reading. 



Seriously, there has to be a time where you've thought to yourself "Oh man i wish I had her life" or "that place is so cool! Why can I not live there?" 

Unless you read The Hunger Games and seen the situation of the arena. I'm putting my hands up right now. "I'm good. Dont really feel like fighting for my life at the moment" 



Writers are desperate people and when they stop being desperate, they stop being writers. 
- Charles Bukowski (Poet)



Sources:




No comments:

Post a Comment