Friday, March 7, 2014

Photo 1-B Throwback


The summer of 2012, I went to West Visayas State University to take up a summer class in basic photography. Since it was Basic, I expected a lot of my classmates of my age or at least in high school. 

Well, great expectations lead to great disappointments. Most of my classmates were professionals. And then there's me. A kid whose only turning 14 that year. 

Honestly I felt left out being the only child there. I didnt talk to anyone because I couldn't relate at all. I spent 4 hours in the classroom trying not to fall asleep because of pure boredom, typical classroom vibes. All of them talked about their careers and their families and I'm sitting there with a thought "I just started High School, alright" 

But being a student as a 'career' has advantages. I've been used to classroom stuff all year and it's like nothing has changed. I still sit in class taking down notes, listen to my teacher and participate in discussions. The only difference was I was surrounded by adults as classmates! 

At the end of the semester, I didnt regret going anyway. Yes I was younger, a lot younger, than all of them but, hey, I got an award ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment