Monday, August 11, 2014

Welcome Back, Sci-Fi Nerd!


Sci-Fi is cool. Yes it is, it's very cool. 

I'd consider myself a nerd and a bookworm especially when I get too engrossed in a series. 

7 years ago, I loved reading about mystery.

A couple years later, silly childish 'Diaries' like Dork Diaries or Diary of a Wimpy Kid. 

But past is past and I find myself loving science fictions or even dystopian-like series. So what series now? 

I Am Number Four Series. 

The series follow John Smith, a 16-year old alien from planet Lorien, sent to earth along with 8 others to fight a Great War against a ruthless race of aliens, the Mogadores.

Reading series took me a to different world. This time, not a world where the protagonist lives in a slum or grew up in a military or finding the true place where they belong, no. This story took me to Paradise, Ohio in a powerful Alien's point of view who's developing his powers to win a war to save his planet. 

A different plot from other sci-Fi books I've read but it's a book that's impossible to put down.

This is the first time I've read anything 'alien' related. Surprisingly, I fell in love with the series the same as I fell in love with Divergent or even Hunger Games. There are 4 books that have been published but 3 more books are yet to come out. 

Exciting! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment