Sunday, August 17, 2014

Seniors


I'm aware that in this time next year, we'll have to meet new people, be in different schools, adjusting to new environment but for now, I'm gonna enjoy high school while It lasts.

I hear people saying junior year is the best year? Screw that, senior year for the win! 

It's only been 3 months into senior year and I'm enjoying myself more than the previous 3 years. There's less drama, more homework, more quizzes, more projects but most importantly, more fun. 

Maybe because it's the last year we tend to make use of the short time we have left in school and focus more on the enjoyment it brings rather than the small problems we've had. 

I've only realized this when I took the UPCAT yesterday. Reality hit me in the face with a bang. 

Taking a college entrance exam reminds me that next year, some of us might be in the schools we applied in. Some, other schools we haven't heard of. Some, maybe just maybe, we won't see them for another 5 years because they're moving to different countries. How sad.

Nonetheless, we all have to keep going. No matter how sad the truth is that we're going to have to start over and say our temporary goodbyes to our High School friends, it's a chance for us to change and let go of the person we are now, if there's a need. A fresh start.

What about our friends?

Well, wise words from my father, we'll still see them in a few years. 

And of course, "we'll meet new friends along the way. Better friends but never forget the friends that gave you the best years of your life"


No comments:

Post a Comment