Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Panulaton Experience


Last July, more than 3000 students from all over Western Visayas gathered for a journalism workshop by Silak in Punta Villa.



So, being a sort-of "wallflower", not really, I never really joined workshops or anything that required your mingling skills... Sigh. However, this year I wanted to make it count and that hopefully when I'm old and grey, I'd think back to my last year in high school and say "I've had the greatest year of my life"


To say the least, this was first ever workshop. It was held in Punta Villa Resort in their crown ballroom.

The ballroom's ceiling was so beautiful and ballroom looked so... Royal. That was my favorite part of the event, the ballroom'a ceiling. There was giant crown chandelier for crying out loud and the room was freaking cold, no joke. 

I felt like I was back in England again.


My right hand after the first day was so destroyed. I haven't done so much writing in my life so that was an experience for me. 

Another memorable experience is having lobby photoshoots at nearly 12 midnight. Regardless of how tired we were, we still smiled and had 2AM pizza deliveries from Alberto's and watched a movie till our eyelids can no longer open. Fun.



The 2 day workshop was exhausting. Plus the following Wednesday we had our Mastery Tests so no rest for us, I guess. But yes, it was so much fun. 

Especially since most of my fellow Orange Jews were there, it was a BLAST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment